Friday, March 14, 2008

Sitting on the beach under the Mexican Sun

Today was my day to head to the beach and spend the day under the sun. I woke up at 9:00 showered and went to have breakfast and then figured out how the city buses work and made it to Playa Coleta. While this might not be the nicest beach, it was far away from the Spring Breakers and far from where they would go. This beach is known to be good for families!

Well I got to the beach, after being yelled at by the bus driver. I guess no one likes a passenger who doesn´t know how much to pay. Anyway, I got off the bus and wandered to the protected cove of a beach. It was very nice. The coolest thing here is that there there are chairs and umbrellas set up for you. So I plopped myself down on one and proceeded to enjoy the sun. Of course they cost a little money (three bucks) but well worth it. I didn´t even get burned.

The beaches are known to have their hawkers, but I was impressed with what one is able to by from these people wandering up and down the beach. A bottle of water? No. A coke? No. But you could get, ice cream, shaved ice, mangos (on a stick), watermelon and cucumbers (also on a stick), mangoes with chili powder, chairs, wind chimes, a massage, necklaces, bags, towels, masks, fins, snorkels, life jackets, tubes, things made out of shells, beah towels, bathing suits, beach wear, sunglasses, sandals, etc. The list goes on and on. Why go to wall mart, you can just hit Playa Coleta for all your shopping needs. That is, unless you want a bottle of water.

No comments: