Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I want to get married?!?

Don't have a heart attack! Mother, don't jump for joy just yet! There must be something in the air. I mean, really, there must be something in the air. I can't quite explain my own thoughts...

So today I came to Taxco. A great little city, on the side of a mountain. I was really excited to see a smaller place then Mexico city, and I thought that this would be good. It is on the way to the beach; I am going to Acapulco tomorrow. it was described as this nice little place and I thought I would like it. I do like it. I have a great hostel (I got upgraded to my own room for free) and the city itself is pretty amazing as cities in the mountains go. The city of Taxco is known for it's silver making industry. It is the best place to get silver in Mexico, supposedly, and you get the best deals; you can bargain. So after a few hours at the chruches, church museum, and the roving Torture Museum (weird, but cool), I had a cup of coffee (no Starbuck's here) and I started to do a little shopping. As I was wandering around looking in all these silver shops at jewelry, I found a really cool (expensive) piece. I thought (drum roll, please) "It would be really nice to have someone to buy this for!" At that point I was thinking it would be cool to have a wife/girlfriend to buy cool jewelry for. Some of the designs were pretty funky and cool. I enjoyed looking at the jewelry, and thinking about who would like what, etc. Weird. Anyway, I rationalized my own thoughts by thinking (don't worry, I often argue with myself in my head while traveling) "Yeah, you wouldn't mind buying some cool stuff, but would you want her with you right now?, NO!" I guess the answer is...it won't be anytime soon. Sorry, everybody.

1 comment:

Mom said...

STOP arguing with yourself and GO with your feelings. You don't have to stop traveling by yourself right away. When you find the right person, you'll want to share the experiences. Create the memories. In the meantime your mother loves cool, funky jewelry and will be happy to share with your wife when you stop long enough to find one.
Continue having a great time and sharing your adventures.