Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Luggage tags

Well, I was home for the day today. I thought that I would be getting up early and then doing some work and packing and going to bed early and all that... Well I got up at like 11:30. Then went to work and chatted for a while, followed that up with some actual work!

Of course, I thought about packing and I didn't actually get to it just yet. The interesting thing is that I don't really have a suitcase. I have a backpack, a couple of duffles, one roller carryon, a couple of weekend/overnight bags, but no real luggage. Not that I need (or really want) any, but at times I do think that it would but helpful. With this trip, where I will need to be dressed nice, it would be nice to have a bag where your stuff won't get so wrinkled. Luckily, I borrowed a suitcase from my sister and brother-in-law.

It is funny when you think about luggage. What does your luggage say about you? Do you have a set that matches? Do you have random pieces? Does your luggage roll or have straps?

More interesting is how people identify their luggage on the belts at the airports. Most bags are black rollers. Many have scarves, or ribbons, or other weird things attached to them to for identification. I have to say that I am usually lucky (not having any real luggage) all my bags look different. At Christmas, I found some luggage tags I had to buy fro my family. They made me laugh so hard at the store (perhaps is was too much shopping) but these tags are designed to help you identify your bag. They are big and colorful. What makes them great is the messages they have on them. I only remember a couple but they still make me laugh:

"My zippers are killing me!"

"I'm a mess on the inside."

"You think we all look alike!"

The others were equally funny. Whatever your system for finding your bag, I am still amazed that bags make it to their destinations. Hopefully, my bag won't get lost on the way to Shanghai!

2 comments:

SheliaM said...

My mom swears by using iron on luggage tags called zippy tags. Fellow travelers always want to know where she bought them. I think she orders them on-line.

Anonymous said...

Your funny luggage tags remind me of the Taco Bell hot sauce packets...some of my favorites..."Help! I can't tell where I am. It's dark in here and I can hear laughing!"; "Bike tires scare me"; and "Of all these sauce packets...why me? Why now?"

Tracy