Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hotel Mision

Acapulco is great. The sun is shining and it is warm and sunny. Not too hot, but warm enough so that you feel it. I was thinking how nice it was to be sitting on the beach eating a quesidilla and drinking a Corona. Perhaps a bit stereotypìcal, but nice. What isn´t so usual, is my hotel. Obviously, everyone knows that I rarely pay more then 20 bucks a night for a place to stay. My first choice wouldn´t take me because I was only one person...that was $10/night. So I wandered into the Hotel Mision (one of several second choice options). I chose it for it´s price ($20), it´s location, and because the write up made it seemed like it would be ok.

What an interesting place. Hotel Mision is really is "a diamond in the rough" as it was described. You walk into a very nice shady courtyard with trees and tables. It has little water features. Overall, a nice beginning. My room is a little different. It has a huge window across the front and a ceiling fan. The intersting thing about the window is that there is no glass. Just a screen. Now it is nice to be able to get a breeze, but pretty much anyone can hear in. And any other outside noises are heard inside, too. I heard my neighbors arriving and getting settled. The dogs barking in the neighborhood. All this is especially worrisome (due to the very reason I chose it) being close to the town center! If that wasn´t enough, there is only a partial wall to the bathroom, no door, and again, it is all open to the outside. The decor is simple, plain cement floors, white painted brick walls. But it is a good value for the money, and again isn´t it all about the location?

I am not, however, staying near the highrises and the spring breakers. I found them today as I was walking on the beach. I have to say, that I am glad that I am staying at the other end of the beach. I am sure the spring breakers are having fun.

I am off to find the cliff divers. They are supposed to be truly amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.