Monday, March 17, 2008

Mexico is CERRADA on Mondays

I returned to Mexico City today to catch my flight out tomorrow morning. The journey from Acapulco was uneventful with only one important change: All the previous city to city buses (two) had movies in English with Spanish subtitles, this one didn´t. I was kind of excited about four to five hours of watching movies on the bus, however, I was unable to understand the Spanish. One was the Robin Williams movie from last summer of him with his family in an RV? I didn´t really need the English to understand this one. Shame. Basically, I listened to the iPod, looked out the window, dozed...all in all not a bad way to blow off a few hours.

I had left Acapulco in the morning so that I could see one more museum in Mexico City. Diego Rivera and Freida Kahlo (two important artists) have stuff to see here. I, of course, forgot that it was Monday and all museums (pretty much in the world, I think) are closed on Mondays. Shame. What to do with a few hours? I didn´t really want to shop, I am still in search of a good cup of coffee (trying to stay out of Starbuck`s), so I decided a little bit of roaming around would be good. So I picked a new neighborhood, and went to check it out. It was actually a pretty happening place so I was able to sit and have a cerveza or two, eat some street stall tacos and enchiladas, and basically meander through the big city. Nice way to end the time here. Tomorrow morning is a bit of repacking and then breakfast, and then the post office (also was closed today), then check out, then the metro to airport. Hopefully if all goes well, I will be safe at home at 11:00pm! Then a day of quick laundry and repacking, a bit of work, and then CHINA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip Greg! Get home safe!