Friday, March 20, 2009

My Skin is Revolting

Yes, it is true. True, on so many levels. First, although I though I was clean after the two dusty (very dusty days hiking), I got in the shower last night to find that the dirt had stuck to me, regardless of all the washing and scrubbing I had done. By the time I was done in the cold shower, I was red and raw.

This morning I woke up to my face peeling. I thought it was just my chin. Come to find out that everything was flaking off. Next I felt my scalp start. Finally, my ears were peeling. It was all that flaky, kind of dirty looking peel. I, of course, didn´t bring lotion (other then sun lotion). My lips peeling were the last straw. I was gross to look at. I would rub the back of my neck and get a handful. I would scratch my forehead, there was more.

It really felt like all my skin was trying to get away from me! I say great. Go, Skin, jump off me. Jump off into the wind, or the sheets. Little does it know that the dust mites living in the mattresses are having a feast!

No comments: