Tuesday, March 13, 2007

La Isla de Flores

So I flew to Flores this afternoon and all worked well. I got a cab to the airport with no trouble, the TACA flight was great. Much like the airport, it is The Most Modern Airline in the Americas. The flight was absolutely great though. No worries, it was 35 minutes. I decided to fly instead of taking the bus after some of my past harrowing journeys on a bus (Costa Rica, Morocco) and instead of the eight to ten hour journey (I am always nervous when they can not tell you how long the trip is), the flight was short. I got off the plane got a minibus taxi for $2.50 to my hotel. I looked at a single room (double bed, fan, TV, my own bathroom) for Q60 which is aout $7.50. I asked about a dorm, it was only Q25, about 3 bucks. I decided to take the 14 bed dorm to save money. As I was sitting organizing my stuff, I realized that I saved $4.50. Kind of stupid after paying $100 to fly here! Sometimes, I amaze mysef at how ridiculous I can be!

One of my favorite things about Guatemala City is that the streets were lined with Jacaranda trees. It made me pretty happy.

Tomorrow I head out to Tikal, an excavated and well known Mayan sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg - Glad you made it to your destination. Thanks for keeping us posted on your worldly travels and actvities as it lets me travel thru your eyes.
donna