Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Laos, Here I come!

I bought a plane ticket from a guy with no shirt on today. Weird, I know. I tried to buy my plane tickets on line last night, but was having trouble with the Lao Airlines site. First thing this morning I went to a "travel agent" for some help, since I was flying today. Apparently he lives in his shop, and his worker wasn't sure how to book a return plane ticket. Hmmm. Either way, the owner knew (I hope) and I paid him cash for what looks like and official voucher. (I will let you be the judge.) Flying Vietnam airways direct! Should be an experience. Made me think of one of my favorite quotes:

"International travel requires an occasional willingness to cut the deck and place an immense trust in strangers.". --Chuck Thompson

I just wish he was wearing a shirt.

No comments: