Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day Two: Sadness

Day Two (and three) have been great. With nearly perfect weather (sunny all day, no clouds, no rain, low humidity, great temps), this has been a great little vacation for me. I am so glad that I am here for a week or so before work starts again!

After being so decisive about renting my house on a year round basis (there are many upsides to this for me), I find myself a little sad. Perhaps it is the weather, perhaps it is the completion of the process, but basically, I really like it here. I really like the house (even with no furniture). I like that it is nice, I like that it is mine, I like the location. I really would like to be able to come out here for a few days now and then and enjoy a bit of my own place.

While the house probably isn’t any bigger then the one I live in at home, the layout appeals to me much more. It feels a bit homier. It feels like me. So I am sad that I won’t be able to use it much. I am sad that someone else will get to live here. I am sad that most of my family and friends won’t have the opportunity to see it. It really is great. My only hope those who rent it from me like it as much as I do!

No comments: