Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day One of Homeownership

How do you spend the first twenty four hours after you have placed yourself in some big debt?

After a few deep breaths and calling my parents, I decided explore the area a bit and learn some of the roads. I checked out some of the conservation areas, drove around for a while and then made it back to the house. I blew up the borrowed airbed, checked to see if I had internet, and low and behold, the neighbors didn't password protect their wireless! Good for me! I checked out the area on line and tried to decide what to do. I focused getting some speakers at the Cape Cod Mall, called some friends and then took myself out to dinner to celebrate with a couple of cold beers!

Since I am in a house with no furniture, I thought ahead and brought my computer, a bunch of DVDs and a projector. In fact, I have created my own home theater for the week. I have a perfect wall for it. I set it up turned up the volume and watched some movies last night!

George and Tara were my first guests today. They drove out from Rhode Island to spend the day. It was great to have someone else check out the house. We spent some time here, drove into downtown sandwich, made copies of all the keys, had lunch, went by to see my agent who will be renting the place. I dropped off extra keys and signed my contract with them. Hopefully we will have a renter soon!

So far so good! Did I mention that I am excited to have a garage?

No comments: