Friday, August 24, 2007

Smelly feet?

When you walk into a Thai home, it is polite to take off your shoes. The same goes for a temple. As a guy who doesn't much care for shoes in the first palce, I appreciate the ability to be barefoot. It is just that, if you have been walking around sightseeing all day, you better hope that your feet and shoes don't smell too bad. I (thankfully) have been lucky, but I am not going to lie, I am always a little worried about it...and then there is that whole changing thing again, taking off the shoes, putting htem back on, etc. The funny thing is that I would be happy to be barefoot all the time, in or out, but I guess that defeats the purpose as well. I think I would have been happy if I could have found the pair of Birkenstocks I was looking for before I left!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure your hosts would have been happy if you found the sandals as well. Love Mom