Friday, July 18, 2008

Everything is $400

Well, I am not sure that this counts as a travel story, however, there has been some exciting news in my life. I bought a house! Yup, I took the plunge and found a house on the Cape and I am currently getting used to the idea that I will be a homeowner. There have been many of the "welcome to the world of owning a house" and "that is what you get when you buy a house" comments. The whole process has been exciting, although a bit stressful at times.

So the home inspection cost $400. This is when they tell you what you need to fix. The termite/lead paint inspection also cost $400. This is when they tell you about the bugs. The mortgage application cost $400. This is when they tell you that you are borrowing money and are going to have to pay about 10 times as much as you are borrowing. I wonder what else will be $400 in the next month?

No comments: